Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct explains everything about how an OWTO Partner should behave and act when using the platform to ensure a high level of service towards our clients is maintained at all times. Upon signing up, the OWTO Partner completely agrees that he/she has fully understood and shall strictly abide by the Company’s Code of Conduct, to wit:
Update and Modification of COC
- OWTO reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify this Code of Conduct. In case of updates or modifications, we will either post the modification on the Website or via the Mobile Application or otherwise provide you with a Notice of the Modification. We shall also update the "Last Updated" date at the bottom of this COC.
Your Conduct - How you should behave
As a user of this Service, you must act responsibly and exercise good judgment. This includes, but shall not be limited to the following:
- Must not violate any laws, rules or regulations
- Must not infringe unto the rights of any third party, including without limitation, intellectual property, privacy, publicity or contractual rights
- Must not use information obtained through this Service for any unauthorized purpose
- Must not interfere with or damage the Service
- Must not use this Service to distribute spam
- Must not harass other users – in any way or form
- Must not use the site and/or mobile application for commercial purposes
- Must not register on the site on behalf of another individual
- Must not create dummy/bogus accounts for whatever purpose
- Must not assist a third party in doing any of the above
- Must be at least be 19 years old and able to enter into legally binding contracts to access and use the OWTO Service or register for an OWTO Partner Account. By accessing or using the OWTO Service you represent and warrant that you are 19 or older and have the legal capacity and authority to enter into a contract
- Be a proper partner by being someone your rider can rely and depend on when they are under your care and are inside your vehicle as they are also under your care. Be trustworthy and honest at all times.
- Be professional. Avoid being rude to your riders. Rudeness is a valid reason for deactivation. Vulgar language and lascivious acts are never countenanced and shall be dealt with sternly leading to deactivation.
- As a user of this Service, you must act responsibly and exercise good judgment. This includes, but shall not be limited to the following:
Service use - While using the platform (Quality Service)
- NO personal activities.
- Safety First.
- The Service is strictly limited to providing a Service for Drivers and Riders to Ride-share and Ride-hail through the company’s platform. The services may not be used to offer or accept car sharing for profit or in any personal context without validly including company through the digital platform (app).
- The Driver must not provide additional services to any Rider for profit or gain (and the Rider may not accept or ask for any such services), including (without limitation) package delivery, waiting time, additional drop offs and pick-ups and collecting additional Riders (other than the Rider).
- All trips, pick-up points and destinations must be pre-arranged through the Service. Drivers may not collect any Rider from any location, which has not been pre-arranged with the Rider through the Service or if the service is not through OWTO Share. Riders may request to pick up additional riders as long as it does not affect the initial ETA set in the service as this may add more distance and time not paid to the partner.
- Users are reminded that using the Service in a personal capacity may invalidate a Driver’s insurance. OWTO’s liability is limited in accordance with these Terms of Service and in particular OWTO is not liable with respect to any breach of any agreement between Users or breach by a User of these Terms of Service, including where any Driver (in breach of these Terms of Service) offering services through the Service in a personal capacity (thereby potentially invalidating their insurance.). It is up to the User to be vigilant in ensuring that services are not provided on a personal basis.
- If the pet that is with the rider is a service pet, the driver should allow the service pet to board the vehicle during the trip on all times. Failure to do so may result to receiving a valid complaint if the rider will be submitting one.
- Complete the trips you accept. Do not refuse them based on your own personal preference when going online.
- Honor all kinds of valid payment methods used by your rider available in the Service.
- Accept all valid promotions used by the rider when booking for a service.
- Assist handicapped riders the best way that you can.
- Make sure that you maintain your vehicle in its tip-top condition at all times.
- In the event that one of your riders leave something inside your vehicle, you agree to do everything in your power to contact the rider who left the item, respond to the rider if he/she contacts you about getting the item back and lastly, if unable to reach the rider, bring the item/s to our office for safekeeping and we’ll try to contact the rider about it.
- Be neutral with regard to certain situations or topics concerning but not limited to:
- Sexual Orientation
- Race / Nationality
- Report any kind of emergency situation through all the available resources provided by OWTO.
- Follow the standard waiting time when waiting for the rider to arrive at the pick-up point. If they do not show up after the lapse of the minimum waiting time, earnestly attempt to contact them at least once before deciding on whether to cancel the request or not.
- Do not in any way or form try to manipulate the fare. If this is proven to be true via a complaint, the complaint and your profile will be forwarded to the LTFRB for review and this may result to your legal disenfranchisement or revocation of authority barring you to operate as a TNVS.
- Never participate in any illegal activity, any activity promoting boycotting OWTO or any other acts that may be against the company. Do not also, in any way, attempt to cause anything that might disrupt, degrade or impair OWTO’s services.
- Do not attempt to cheat OWTO’s system in any way that might drive losses to the company.
- Only drive when you are fit to do so in order not to compromise the safety of both yourself and your riders. With such, OWTO does not tolerate driving under the influence of illegal, prohibited or regulated drugs/substances or alcohol.
- If the rider suspects or proves that you may have consumed anything similar, he/she can decide not to complete the trip, end it and report the incident to OWTO’s management.
- Never bring any type of weapon inside the vehicle that may be used to cause harm and injury to anybody during any trip regardless of whether the weapon is licensed or not.
Disciplinary Action Procedure (DAP)
- You agree to be under our DAP and agree to its implementation as a course to address any breach in our Code of Conduct.
- As part of our DAP, a centralized BLACKLISTING PROCESS will be used by OWTO when implementing a disciplinary action to its Partners. Partners who were blacklisted will be relayed to all the other government accredited Transport Network Company and a database will be maintained and updated for such purpose. The process will blacklist/prohibit the partner from joining any other government accredited Transport Network Company ever again.
By continuing to access or use the Service, you declare that you understand fully and agree to all the clauses herein set forth and any subsequent updates or modifications in our COC. If the COC and any update made to it are not acceptable to you, your only recourse is to cease using the Service.